USDJPY

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daren Steven
    Participant

So………. I’m in a trade and not sure what to do. I am making a small loss so will see where I am on Sunday night. I want to stay in the trade but am really not sure any opinions out there?

Thanks

Daren

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cristian Ravalli

Hey Daren,

Personal opinion, when you get a pin bar shortly followed (4 bars) by a counter-trend setup, I would move my stop below last week’s low. Minimise downside, while giving the trade a chance to go your way.

Thanks for sharing.
    Cris

Daren Steven
    Participant

Hi Cris

This went so much better than expected, am really happy with the result not so happy with my capability. Think I need to be a bit more clinical in my approach and stop having such a negative outlook on my trading.

Thanks

Daren

Cristian Ravalli

Hey Daren,

Welcome to the club of self-sabotage! Our mind’s all work differently and there are different approaches to deal with that. Personally, I am one for objective rules, eg. price based or static trailing stop. I have written them into my trading plan over time so that I have no discretion to act differently. It did really make a difference. And yes, definitively, you should be more positive when you commit to a trade or if unsure trade lower stakes or drop the idea and just follow it. At least, that’s my two cents towards this topic.

I think though, that minimizing any potential hits while giving you a chance to participate in larger market moves is the way to go. Remember, it’s all about RR.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Comments Off on USDJPY